Burn ban info

Different Types of Burn Bans

Burn bans may be issued by the County Fire Marshal for fire safety reasons, by the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency to protect air quality, and by the Washington State Department of Natural Resources to help reduce the risk of wildfires.

Bạn đang xem: Burn ban info

The Snohomish County Fire Marshal is responsible for all fire safety burn bans in unincorporated Snohomish County. These are usually issued in response to hot and/or dry conditions.

CURRENT BURN BAN INFO (PDF)Burn ban goes into effect Friday, June 25, 2021

The Puget Sound Clean Air Agency (PSCAA) issues air quality burn bans in response to poor air quality. Air quality burn bans are usually issued during colder fall and winter months due to calm wind conditions. They can be issued outside of the Snohomish County fire safety burn bans. For more information please see the PSCAA burn ban page.

The Washington State Department of Natural Resources (DNR) uses burn restrictions as a tool to reduce human-caused wildfires during extremely hot and dry weather conditions. When a burn restriction is in place, it prohibits outdoor fires on all state, county, city, and private land under DNR fire protection, including all state forests, DNR-managed forestlands and DNR campgrounds. For more information on DNR burn bans, visit the DNR Burn Restrictions website. On this website, you can track daily burn restrictions in each Washington county.

Note: Effective July 2, 2021, theDNRhas placed a burn ban that includes outdoor burning, the use of charcoal briquettes and prescribed burns on all forest lands within the State of Washington under DNR fire protectionthrough September 30, 2021. This date may be extended or shortened based upon ongoing fire conditions. See theDNR wildfire prevention websitefor more information.

Call Before You Burn

Prior to any burning you we suggest you contact our Burning Information Line at 425-388-3508 to verify that there are no Burn Bans or Burning Limitations that may have been placed due to high fire danger or air quality conditions. For additional air quality information you can contact Puget Sound Clean Air Agency.

Land Clearing Burning Prohibited

Since 2008, the Puget Sound Clean Air Agency has maintained a permanent ban on land clearing burning in Snohomish, Kitsap, King, and Pierce counties in accordance with WAC 173-425-040(5). Land clearing burning applied to fires to clear land for development, such as building a new structure or subdivision.

Xem thêm: Bannha – Mua Bán Nhà Đất Hà Nội Giá Rẻ Mới Nhất 2021



Residential Burning

Residential burning, a burn pile no larger than 4 feet by 4 feet by 3 feet, requires a permit under our burn permit ordinance (PDF). Residential burning means the outdoor burning of leaves, clippings, prunings, and other yard and gardening refuse originating on lands immediately adjacent and in close proximity to a human dwelling and burned on such lands by the property owner or his or her designee.

Recreational Fires

Recreational fires, no larger than 3 feet by 3 feet by 2 feet in size, do not require a permit. By definition recreational fires are cooking fires, and campfires using charcoal or firewood that occur in designated areas or on private property for cooking, pleasure, or ceremonial purposes. Fires used for debris disposal purposes are not considered recreational fires.

Burn Permits

Burn Permits are required and issued by the Office of the Snohomish County Fire Marshal and participating local fire districts for residential burning. Permits will be issued for locations outside the Urban Growth Areas (UGA) that are outside of the established no-burn zones (PDF) and within fire protection districts of unincorporated Snohomish County.

Snohomish County Burn Permits

An instructional guide (PDF) has been prepared to detail the requirements of the residential burn permit application and to provide a list of general conditions typically attached to each permit. If you have questions, please call 425-388-3557.

To apply for a new residential burn permit, go to www.mybuildingpermit.com (MBP) and choose jurisdiction, Snohomish County. Then choose Fire, Single Family Residential, New, Open Burn Permit. Please allow 5 days for processing. You will receive an invoice for $30.90 after staff reviews the application. Upon payment, Snohomish County PDS will issue the permit which will be valid for one year. The permit may be renewed annually for $15.45. The renewal must be applied for prior to the expiration date of the permit. When applying for the permit renewal, choose “Renew” instead of “New” at MBP.

Fire DistrictsBurn Permits

The following fire districts have entered into an inter-local agreement with Snohomish County to issue permits on behalf of the county and will regulate burning and burn permits within their districts:

South Snohomish County Fire and Rescue (SSCFR) does NOT allow yard debris burning or issue burn permits; only recreational fires are allowed.

Xem thêm: 7 Bước Trong Quy Trình Mua Bán Nhà Đất Đã Có Sổ Đỏ, Quy Trình Mua Bán Nhà Đất Đã Có Sổ Đỏ

If you live within the jurisdictional boundaries of one of these districts, it will be necessary to contact them directly to obtain a burn permit. If you would like to locate or verify the boundaries of a particular fire district you can you can:

Contact the Office of the Snohomish County Fire Marshal at 425-388-3557 and we will be happy to assist you.



As more people move to remote areas wildfires (PDF) have become increasingly common as that creates an environment where fire can move readily between structures and vegetation. Emergency response can be difficult in these isolated and undeveloped areas. There is no guarantee that firefighters will be able to save your home if a wildfire occurs so it is imperative that property owners in the Wildland/Urban Interface (WUI) understand the risks and prepare appropriately. For more information contact your local fire department.

Michael W. McCrary

Chuyên mục: Nói hay

    Hỗ trợ giải đáp

    Trả lời

    Email của bạn sẽ không được hiển thị công khai. Các trường bắt buộc được đánh dấu *