We’ve all been in the kind of situation where someone asks you how you’ve been and all you can say is, “It’s been a rough couple of months.” Life is hard for everyone at times, and no matter how much you try to explain, no one else can truly relate to your situation if they’ve never experienced it themselves.
And when a rough patch has turned into what feels like a rough life, it can be hard to see anything as falling on the bright side.
You are reading: deep emotional life quotes
These are the times when it feels like in life you just can’t catch a break and you constantly wonder why life has to be so hard. It feels like everyone and everything is against you, like it wouldn’t matter if you disappeared because no one seems to have any sympathy for you.
All these thoughts can make you emotional. And no matter how many times someone tells you to cheer up or get over it, it still feels like life is pulling the rug out from underneath you.
See Also: love of my life quotes for him
But with emotional quotes and emotional lines, you can put your feelings into perspective.
RELATED: 60 Best Inspirational Life Quotes To Live By Each Day
That’s not to say that getting emotional or reading sad quotes doesn’t help, but don’t let yourself wallow for too long.
To help pull you up from your struggles, here are our favorite emotional quotes for when it feels like life is way too hard.
55 Best Emotional Quotes About Life, Love and Other Struggles
1. “They broke the wrong parts of me. They broke my wings and forgot I had claws.” — Unknown
2. “The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of every day.” — Tiny Buddha
3. “To love deeply in one direction makes us more loving in all others.” — Sophie Swetchine
4. “You are a hurricane of a girl; remember to breathe every once in a while, do not drown within your own storm.” — Unknown
5. “Most people aren’t even aware of the number of masks they’re wearing.” — Unknown
6. “Fall in love with someone who doesn’t make you think love is hard.” — Unknown
7. “Above all, be the heroine of your life. Not the victim.” — Nora Ephron
8. “If you think life is hard, keep going. Don’t seek an easy life, seek strength.” — Friedrich Nietzsche
9. “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” — Winston Churchill
10. “What’s done is done. What’s gone is gone. One of life’s lessons is always moving on. It’s okay to look back to see how far you’ve come but keep moving forward.” — Roy T. Bennett
11. “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” — Theodore Roosevelt
12. “Never give up hope. All things are working for your good. One day, you’ll look back on everything you’ve been through and thank God for it.” — Germany Kent
13. “Failure is a bend in the road, not the end of the road. Learn from failure and keep moving forward.” — Roy T. Bennett
14. “Believe in yourself and all that you are, know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle.” — Christian D. Larson
15. “If I can still breathe, I’m fine.” — Unknown
See Also: 27 Best Biggie Smalls Quotes And Sayings
RELATED: 50 Best Quotes To Get You Out Of Your Deep, Dark Funk
16. “Sometimes, it takes a good fall to really know where you stand.” — Unknown
17. “Life is like riding a bicycle: to keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
18. “You just do it. You force yourself to get up. You force yourself to put one foot before the other, and God damn it, you refuse to let it get to you. You fight. You cry. You curse. Then you go about the business of living.” — Elizabeth Taylor
19. “You never really know the true quality of someone’s character until the road gets rocky.” — Unknown
20. “If you can’t fly then run; if you can’t run then walk; if you can’t walk then crawl; but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
21. “The world is gonna judge you no matter what you do, so live your life the way you want to.” — Unknown
22. “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I’ll try again tomorrow.” — Mary Anne Radmacher
23. “The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us, but those who win battles we know nothing about.” — Unknown
24. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” — Thomas A. Edison
25. “You deserve to be happy. You deserve to live a life that lights you up. Don’t ever forget that.” — Coco Calla
26. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” — Dale Carnegie
27. “My attitude has always been, if you fall flat on your face, at least you’re moving forward. All you have to do is get back up and try again.” — Richard Branson
28. “Stay positive even when it feels like your whole world is falling apart.” — Unknown
29. “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” — George Whitefield
30. “Whatever brings you down will eventually make you stronger.” — Alex Morgan
RELATED: 100 Famous Philosophy Quotes About Life, Love And Death
31. “Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out.” — Gordon B. Hinkley
32. “The secret of being happy is accepting where you are in life and making the most out of every day.” — Unknown
33. “Life has got all those twists and turns. You’ve got to hold on tight and off you go.” — Nicole Kidman
34. “When something bad happens, you have three choices. You can either let it define you, let it destroy you, or you can let it strengthen you.” — Unknown
35. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” — C. S. Lewis
36. “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe
37. “You have the power within you to rise about whatever is currently seeking to bring you down.
38. “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” — Harriet Beecher Stow
39. “If I look back, I am lost.” ― George R.R. Martin, “A Dance with Dragons”
40. “Things aren’t always easy, but you just have to keep going and don’t let the small stuff bog you down.” — Stella Maeve
41. “Your mind is a powerful thing. When you fill it with positive thoughts, your life will start to change.” — Unknown
42. “Let everything happen to you. Beauty and terror. Just keep going. No feeling is final.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
43. “If you were able to believe in Santa Claus for like 8 years, you can believe in yourself for like 5 minutes.” — Unknown
44. “Don’t trust everything you see. Even salt looks like sugar.” — Narges Obaid
45. “Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.” — Hikigaya Hachiman
46. “Relax and trust the timing of your life. You will figure out your career. You will find the right relationship. You will become the person you always wanted to be. Just don’t forget to appreciate who you are now.” — Ruben Chavez
47. “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.” — Joseph Kennedy
48. “Try not to resist the changes that come your way. Instead, let life live through you. And do not worry that your life is turning upside down. How do you know that the side you are used to is better than the one to come?” — Rumi
49. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched — they must be felt with the heart.” — Helen Keller
50. “You must tell yourself, ‘No matter how hard it is, or how hard it gets, I’m going to make it.’” — Les Brown
51. “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” — William Shakespeare
52. “One ought to hold on to one’s heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
53. “Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.” — Lao Tzu
54. “It was the possibility of darkness that made the day seem so bright.” — Stephen King
55. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.” ― Nicholas Sparks, “At First Sight”
RELATED: 50 Deep Quotes That Make You Think About Life Differently
Emily Ratay is a full-time writer living in Pittsburgh. She’s passionate about the environment and feminism, and knows that anything is possible in the right pair of shoes.