Our latest collection of choice quotes about life and decisions. These quotes about choices will help you make the right decisions in your daily life.
Many of us don’t understand the importance of the choices that we make, or the power that we have over them.
You are reading: life decision quotes
Too often, people attribute what is good to external causes, and what is bad to internal ones. By this I mean, we feel like the good things happen to us, and the bad things are our fault.
What we need to realize is that each and every day, we make numerous choices that influence the outcome of all areas of our lives.
We can learn from our missteps, and we can build on our strengths. To remind you on the importance of making decisions, here are some inspirational, wise, and thought-provoking choice quotes, choice sayings, and choice proverbs.
Choice Quotes About Life and Words of Wisdom
1. “Life presents many choices, the choices we make determine our future.” – Catherine Pulsifer
2. “The hardest decisions in life are not between good and bad or right and wrong, but between two goods or two rights.” – Joe Andrew
3. “Choose your life’s mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90 percent of all your happiness or misery.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
4. “When we find inspiration, we need to take action for ourselves and for our communities. Even if it means making a hard choice, or cutting out something and leaving it in your past.” – Aron Ralston
5. “Any decision I make is the biggest decision of my life.” – Carmelo Anthony
6. When bad things happen to you, focus on what you can learn from it. If you focus on the bad, you’re doomed to repeat it. – Mel Robbins
7. “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity. The fears are paper tigers. You can do anything you decide to do. You can act to change and control your life; and the procedure, the process is its own reward.” – Amelia Earhart
8. “And we have complete control over our own attitude. We are the ones we decide how we feel, how we look at things, how we react.” – Catherine Pulsifer
9. “This is as true in everyday life as it is in battle: we are given one life and the decision is ours whether to wait for circumstances to make up our mind, or whether to act, and in acting, to live.” – Omar Bradley
10. “Each person has a choice; the choice to do as one may wish and as one wants remains with the individual. If a person sees no benefit to change, they will not change.” – Byron Pulsifer
11. “We are the creative force of our life, and through our own decisions rather than our conditions, if we carefully learn to do certain things, we can accomplish those goals.” – Stephen Covey
12. “Did you know that to worry about a situation you are making a conscious choice to do so?” – Mike C. Adams
See Also: celebrate the life of a loved one quotes
13. “We all need to decide whether to “play it safe” in life and worry about the downside, or instead take a chance, by being who we really are and living the life our heart desires. Which choice are you making?” – Charlie Badenhop
14. “Your life changes the moment you make a new, congruent, and committed decision.” – Anthony Robbins
15. “There are a lot of things going on with my life right now that don’t just have to do with career. So I have a hard time making decisions about work. That’s really a luxury problem.” – Philip Seymour Hoffman
16. “You came empty on earth, why overloaded now, were all your choices absolutely correct, it is never too late to reconsider them?” – William Ngwako Maphoto
17. “You always do what you want to do. This is true with every act. You may say that you had to do something, or that you were forced to, but actually, whatever you do, you do by choice. Only you have the power to choose for yourself.” – W. Clement Stone
Also read these Dante’s Inferno quotes about consequences and justice.
Quotes About Choices and Consequences
18. “The choices that we make in our life, indeed determine the kind of results that we experience and the quality of the life that we live.” – Sumeet Jain
19. “The choices we make every minute of every day can contribute to making someone’s life a little bit better or worse even without intending to.” – Chikamso Efobi
20. “In every single thing you do, you are choosing a direction. Your life is a product of choices.” – Dr. Kathleen Hall
21. “May your choices reflect your hopes not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela
22. “Big changes don’t have to be hard, but they do have to start with a choice. This is where real change begins; this is where you start taking control of your life and how you choose to live it; this is where it all starts.” – Nathalie Thompson
23. “In my experience working with a variety of people over several decades, far too many individuals choose to be anonymous members of the pack, therefore suffering from the inner remorse that makes them feel like failures, filled with conflict and resentment and wondering what the meaning of life is.”- Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
24. “By knowing that you can fail and making the choice to take the risk you will be setting yourself up for success and not failure.” – Jennifer N. Smith
25. “Addicts cannot change the abuse suffered in childhood. They cannot undo the choices they have made or the hurt they have caused. But they can change the future – through the power they have in the present moment.” – Ryan Holiday, Stephen Hanselman
26. “Most of the choices we make each day may feel like the products of well-considered decision making, but they’re not. They’re habits. And though each habit means relatively little on its own, over time, the meals we order, what we say to our kids each night, whether we save or spend, how often we exercise, and the way we organize our thoughts and work routines have enormous impacts on our health, productivity, financial security, and happiness.” – Charles Duhigg
27. “Expanding our capacity to talk, particularly when we face critical choices, is a life-enhancing skill. I believe that there is no faster way for us to evolve than through the process of interacting with one another.” – Sarah Rozenthuler
28. “In this new era, you have two choices: become a temp staffer (not a horrible choice) or become an artist-entrepreneur. Choose to commoditize your labor or choose yourself to be a creator, an innovator, an artist, an investor, a marketer, and an entrepreneur.” – James Altucher
See Also: quotes about life changes for the better
29. “How you react emotionally is a choice in any situation—and those cumulative choices can make or break your chances for well-being.” – Judith Orloff
30. “I discovered I always have choices and sometimes it’s only a choice of attitude.” – Judith M. Knowlton
You might also like these deep quotes will change how you see the world.
More choice quotes and sayings
31. “If you don’t have the information you need to make wise choices, find someone who does.” – Lori Hil
32. “Life is a matter of choices, and every choice you make makes you.” –John C. Maxwell
33. “Life is a choice – as is how you handle the pitfalls along its bumpy road.” – Julie Donner Andersen
34. “There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” – Denis Waitley
35. “And in life, it is all about choices we make. And how the direction of our lives comes down to the choices we choose.” – Catherine Pulsifer
36. “You always have two choices: your commitment versus your fear.” – Sammy Davis Jr.
37. “You always have two choices with your life and experience: you can either learn from it or you can place blame. The choice is always yours.” – Kevin Horsley
38. “We make our choices, then our choices make us.” – Anonymous
39. “I believe that we are solely responsible for our choices, and we have to accept the consequences of every deed, word, and thought throughout our lifetime.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
40. “Every choice you make has an end result.” – Zig Ziglar
The paradox of choice | Barry Schwartz
Were you able to relate with any of these choice quotes?
Realizing and acknowledging the choices that we make is empowering, whether the outcome is good or bad.
It is also important, as it helps us evaluate what we do and do not have control over. This is an important distinction to make, as we can let go of what we will never have a choice – or control over – and focus our time and energy on what we do.
I hope these choice quotes helped you realize the power you possess regarding life’s decisions.
Did you enjoy these choice quotes? Which of the quotes resonated with you best? Let us know in the comment section below.