Abraham Maslow had once said, “The ability to be in the present moment is a major component of mental wellness.”
Living in the moment or living in the present basically means living your life or maybe a moment in life you stop worrying about the past or stop waiting for the future. You just enjoy the present moment, the surroundings and with a must live only for today attitude.
You are reading: life movie quotes
To be present at the moment is to be still and be present right now. You can only live in the moment once you are completely detached from the newer and richer persons and possessions in your life, connected only to the present moment and not the past or the future. The purpose of life is to live in the moment, as the past is gone, the future is yet to come, the present is here, live it to taste the true sense of serene. Be consciously aware that each moment is precious, as living in the present moment is like being with yourself at the very moment in time, and being mindful of this. That’s why this curated list of moment quotes and inspirational quotes from a variety of movies will help you to live in the present moment and serve the purpose of life with newer and richer experiences. Hope you enjoy these moment quotes and share them with your friends and family.
If you like what you read here, check more such similar content like live life to the fullest quotes and ’80s movie quotes.
Famous Quotes About Living In The Moment
These are some of the most famous moment quotes from some very famous movies by our favorite characters.
1. “Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.”
– John Keating, ‘Dead Poets’ Society’.
2. “All those moments will be lost in time… like tears in rain.”
– Rutger Hauer, ‘Blade Runner’.
3. “Every man dies, but not every man really lives.”
– William Wallace, ‘Braveheart’.
4. “Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me. Alright? You dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it. If you want something, go get it. Period.”
– Christopher Gardner, ‘The Pursuit Of Happyness’.
5. “When a defining moment comes along, you can do one of two things. Define the moment, or let the moment define you.”
– Roy McAvoy, ‘Tin Cup’.
6. “Life is not the number of breaths you take, it’s the moments that take your breath away.”
– Alex Hitch Hitchens, ‘Hitch’.
7. “There should be no boundaries to human endeavor. We are all different. However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do, and succeed at. While there’s life, there is hope.”
– Stephen Hawking, ‘The Theory Of Everything.’
8. “The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all.”
– Prince of Genovia, ‘The Princess Diaries’.
9. “Only if you find peace within yourself will you find true connection with others.”
– Palm Reader, ‘Before Sunrise’.
10. “It is not our abilities that show what we truly are… it is our choices.”
– Albus Dumbledore, ‘Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets’.
11. “I know what I have to do now. I’ve got to keep breathing because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?”
– Chuck Noland, ‘Cast Away’.
12. “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”
– Ferris Bueller, ‘Ferris Bueller’s Day Off’.
13. “You have to get lost before you find yourself.”.
– Margo Roth Spiegelman, ‘Paper Towns’.
14. “The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you.”
– Bob Harris, ‘Lost In Translation’.
Inspirational Quotes About Living In The Moment
These include moment quotes and inspirational quotes from a few inspiring movies that will help you get motivated and realize the true purpose of life is to live.
15. “We are who we choose to be.”
– Green Goblin, ‘Spider-Man’.
16. “No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.”
– John Keating, ‘Dead Poets’ Society’.
17. “Never give up, never surrender.”
– Jason Nesmith, ‘Galaxy Quest’.
18. “Do, or do not. There is no ‘try’.”
– Yoda, ‘Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back’, Episode 5.
19. “What we do in life echoes in eternity.”
– Maximus, ‘Gladiator’.
20. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.”
– Don Vito Corleone, ‘The Godfather’.
21. “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
– Albus Dumbledore, ‘Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban’.
22. “The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.”
– The Emperor, ‘Mulan’.
23. “When you get a different vantage point it changes your perspective… It allows you to see things you should have seen a long time ago.”
– Neil Armstrong, ‘First Man’.
24. “Sometimes the right path is not the easiest one.”
– Grandmother Willow, ‘Pocahontas’.
25. “I don’t regret the things I’ve done, but those I did not do.”
– Lucas, ‘Empire Records’.
26. “Our lives are not fully lived if we’re not willing to die for those we love, for what we believe.”
– Martin Luther King Jr, ‘Selma’.
27. “Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer.”
– Michael Corleone, ‘ The Godfather Part II’
Funny Quotes About Living Life In The Moment
The following moment quotes are also from the movies and are full of humor to bring you joy and happiness.
28. “Everything is possible, even the impossible.”
– Mary Poppins, ‘Mary Poppins Returns’.
29. “A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Why, sometimes in life, it’s the only weapon we have.”
– Roger Rabbit, ‘Who Framed Rogger Rabbit’.
30. “Get busy living, or get busy dying.”
– Andy Dufresne, ‘The Shawshank Redemption’.
31. “When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do?… Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.”
– Dory, ‘Finding Nemo’.
32. “You mustn’t be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.”
– Eames, ‘Inception’.
33. “Being human is a condition which requires an anesthetic.”
– Freddie Mercury, ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’.
34. “How many times do I have to teach you: just because something works doesn’t mean it can’t be improved.”
See Also: special person in my life quotes
– Shuri, ‘Black Panther’.
35. “If we didn’t do what we loved, we wouldn’t exist.”
– Adonis Creed, ‘Creed II’.
36. “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.”
– Benjamin Button, ‘The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button’.
37. “After a while, you learn to ignore the names people call you and just trust who you are.”
– Shrek, ‘Shrek’.
38. “Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.”
– Forrest Gump, ‘Forrest Gump’.
Positive Quotes To Let Go Of The Past
These moment quotes from movies will make your mind positive and stress-free, leaving behind the past and look forward to the future, as the future is to live and the past is to learn from.
39. “Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it or learn from it.”
– Rafiki, ‘The Lion King’.
40. “I don’t want to survive. I want to live.”
– The Captain, ‘Wall-E’.
41. “If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead.”
– Gusteau, ‘Ratatouille’.
42. “Hope. It is the only thing stronger than fear. Little hope is effective. A lot of hope is dangerous. A spark is fine, as long as it’s contained.”
– President Snow, ‘The Huger Games’.
43. “It’s what you do right now that makes a difference.”
– Struecker, ‘Black Hawk Down’.
44. “It’s not destroying. It’s making something new.”
– Lena, ‘Annihilation’.
45. “We’re going to be okay. You can rest now.”
– Pepper Potts, ‘Avengers: Endgame’.
46. “You cannot live your life to please others. The choice must be yours.”
– White Queen, ‘Alice In Wonderland’.
47. “Nobody is gonna hit as hard as life, but it ain’t how hard you can hit. It’s how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. It’s how much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done.”
– Rocky Balboa, ‘Rocky Balboa’.
48. “Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.”
– Andy Dufresne, ‘The Shawshank Redemption’.
49. “You’ll have bad times, but it’ll always wake you up to the good stuff you weren’t paying attention to.”
– Sean Maguire, ‘Good Will Hunting’.
50. “The truth is a matter of circumstances, it’s not all things to all people all the time.”
– Natasha Romanoff, ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’.
51. “Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. When he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?”
– Clarence The Angel, ‘It’s A Wonderful Life!’.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of interesting family-friendly quotesfor everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for quotes about living in the moment then why not take a look at [quotes about the past], or quotes about the universe.