Are you in a phase of life where you feel you need to start all over again? Do not worry; it’s all going to work out for your greatest good.
Life happens in phases and no phase lasts forever.
You are reading: restart life quotes
For example, the day makes way for the night and the night makes way for the day.
Therefore, stating over is the most natural thing ever. Every phase of life has a lesson to teach you. You need to learn the lessons but then let go of that phase so you can focus on the present phase of your life.
The following is a collection of 16 most inspiring quotes that will give your strength to let go of the past and make a new beginning.
1. A sunrise is God’s way of saying, “Let’s start again.”
– Todd Stocker
2. Don’t worry if you committed a mistake. Some of the most beautiful things we have in life comes from our mistakes.
– Surgeo Bell
3. Never feel guilty for starting again.
– Rupi Kaur
4. Spring is proof that there is beauty in new beginnings.
– Matshona Dhliwayo
Life is a cycle of endings and new beginnings. Life’s very nature is to change. And even though we might look at change and starting over as difficult, there is immense beauty and grace that is hidden in it.
It might not be visible now, but this beauty will be revealed to you as you continue on your journey.
5. Embrace the newness of life everyday, be thankful for endings instead of constantly reliving the lost. Life is worth living everyday and with its endings is the unique blessing of beginning something new.
– Scott Patrick Erwin.
6. New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.
– Lao Tzu
7. Though nobody can go back and make a new beginning, anyone can start over and make a new ending.
– Chico Xavier
The past is gone, and no matter what you do, you cannot change it. Therefore, the most prudent thing to do is to let go of the past.
Learn what the past has taught you, use the lessons to grow from within, but then also make it a point to let the past go. By learning from the past, you now have the knowledge and power to mold the future so you can move toward reaching your true potential.
Also read: 71 Quotes for strength during difficult times.
8. Instead of saying, “I’m damaged, I’m broken, I have trust issues”, say “I’m healing, I’m rediscovering myself, I’m starting over.
– Horacio Jones
Re-frame the thoughts in your mind and you will see the situation from a whole new perspective. You are healing, you are going to rediscover yourself and it’s going to be an amazing journey!
9. Recreate your life, always. Remove the stones, plant rose bushes and make sweets. Begin again.
– Cora Coralina
10. Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.
– Guy Finley
11. No brooding over old worries, let’s start a new series. Forget about all the negatives, think of new possibilities.
– Shon Mehta
12. Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.
– Martin Luther King Jr.
13. It’s never too late to become who you want to be. You have the power within to start over.
– F. Scott Fitzgerald
14. The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.
– Dan Millman
15. Faith means living with uncertainty – feeling your way through life, letting your heart guide you like a lantern in the dark.
– Dan Millman
16. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
– C. S. Lewis
17. Your future is not governed by the past. You have the power to let go of the past and move on.
18. You have come a long way and your experiences have taught you so much. Use this knowledge to start over and build the life that you have always dreamed of.
19. It’s only human to make mistakes. You always have a choice to learn from it, let it go, forgive yourself and start over.
20. There is no such thing as going back to square one. Remember that you are starting over with more knowledge, strength and power than you had before.
21. Life is not a race. You don’t start in the same position and everyone isn’t going in the same direction. You have your own space, your own pace, and your own place you want to get to.
– Jay Shetty
22. Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off being excellent.
Many a times a thirst for perfection can become our greatest hurdle.
It’s better to keep going with what we have at that given moment and not try to be perfect. This approach allows things to flow from a more relaxed place and in time can pave way for excellence.
Faith and patience may not always yield results immediately or apparently, but always eventually. What is more desirable at every stage of any endeavor is a consistent effort.
Keep going and everything you need will come to you at the perfect time.
23. People underestimate their capacity for change. There is never a right time to do a difficult thing.
– John Porter
Sometimes all one has to do is to get over the beginner’s block.
No matter what your age, or current level of expertise, don’t underestimate your ability to surprise yourself.
Habit is after all second nature, so in time the human body and mind can be moulded to achieve the desired results.
If we keep waiting for the right time, we may never start. Nothing really needs to be labelled as difficult or easy; everything after all is a step, a mere step before the next, so stop being overwhelmed and take it one step at a time.
24. Let yourself be gutted. Let it open you. Start here.
– Cheryl Strayed
If you have watched the movie ‘wild’ or read the book by the same name by Cheryl Strayed, you already know that it’s about starting over.
Sometimes by setting and achieving even harder immediate goals you tend to surprise yourself so remarkably, that all your lack of self confidence due to past failures just washes away and you can clearly see a new beginning.
Cheryl Strayed is a writer who is famous for her motivational autobiographical work ‘wild‘ which was New York Times No. 1 bestseller.
It chronicles her 1,100 mile long hike on the pacific crest trail on the west coast of the Unites States without prior experience of such an activity.
It’s full of moving and motivational details about her life. In 2014 a movie was released of the same name where actress ‘Reese Witherspoon‘ played the leading role. Here is the official trailer of the movie.
25. Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know.
– Pema Chödrön
There are patterns to everything we do in life.
Some patterns have to be retained and chiseled and some have to be foregone, but they will not leave unless we learn.
Pema Chödrön is an American Buddhist nun. She has written several books on themes related to spirituality and everyday life. Her book titled “when things fall apart: heart advice for difficult times” is a collection of talks regarding spirituality, starting over and life in general.
Experience and maturity can always make us see things more clearly, so without doubt life becomes easier when they increase. With increased patience one can develop a more neutral outlook towards life. This will not only decrease our stress levels but also make us see the bigger picture.
The results and the experiences that follow are far more balanced and positive.
26. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward.
Moving forward is essential but doing so with extreme clarity isn’t essential.
There will always be some amount of confusion. Learn to make peace with it. Too much mental dialogue and an over analytical approach can only lead to further confusion.
27. You can start anew at any given moment. Life is just the passage of time and it’s up to you to pass it as you please.
– Charlotte Eriksson
Do not give heed to that voice in your mind that it’s too late to start over. It’s never too late. Life has no preset rules. It’s your life and you make the rules. And if you want to start over, you can start over at any given moment.
Also read: 50 Reassuring Quotes That Everything Is Going To Be Okay.
28. Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.
– Meister Eckhart
29. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls a butterfly.
– Richard Bach
30. Each day is a new beginning. You can start fresh, anticipating what today will bring. Or you can just settle for yesterday’s doubts, fears, or worries. Which road will you take? Do you take the path to the clear present or the shadows of the past?
– Eve Evangelista
31. Failure is the opportunity to start over again more intelligently.
– Henry Ford
32. Starting over can be challenging, but also it can be a great opportunity to do things differently.
– Catherine Pulsifer
33. The beginning is always today.
– Mary Shelley
Make a note
If you resonated with any of the above quotes, take a print of it and look at it whenever you need strength to push through. You can also make a mental note of it and recite whenever required.
See Also: Thank You Quotes and Sayings for 2021