Children’s book publishing is a lucrative market. According to ibisworld, the size of its revenue in the US alone is expected. uu. reach $2.6 billion in 2022.
To help you break into this industry, this post will show you the top 8 print-on-demand providers that allow you to design and publish your own children’s books at affordable prices with no MOQ (minimum order requirement) and excellent shipping times. .
You are reading: Print on demand children’s books
best print-on-demand providers for personalized children’s books
These are the 8 best print-on-demand companies for personalized children’s books (no minimum).
Founded in 2002, Lulu is the top print-on-demand service to design and create your own children’s books, comics, novels, textbooks, yearbooks, cookbooks, calendars, magazines, notebooks, and eBooks with no minimum.
As a Certified B Corporation, the business is committed to balancing purpose and profit. prioritizes sustainability and strives to achieve the highest standards of social and environmental performance.
lulu offers children’s books with more than 3000 possible combinations. for example, you can customize sizes (a4, a5, square, pocket, us letter, etc.), inside pages (blank, ruled, graph, or dot grid), bindings (paperback, spiral bound, saddle-stitch, box-wrap hardcover, linen-wrap, or wire-o), paper types, colors, and cover finish (glossy or matte).
When you’re done customizing, lulu takes care of the rest, from fulfillment, to posting, to shipping products directly to your customers.
- print facilities worldwide, including france, poland, australia, the uk, canada and the united states.
- blind delivery to over 150 countries in 28 days. </li
- replacement copies if you received damaged, defective, or improperly packaged items within 30 days of delivery date.
- volume discounts of 5% to 15% for orders over 100 units.
- Free guides and templates on how to publish print or e-books.
- Easy pricing calculator.
- The global distribution service of lulu reaches over 40,000 retailers and schools around the world, including lulu bookstore. , amazon, barnes & noble, ingram network, etc.
- accepts paypal, credit/debit cards, google pay and apple pay.
- print on demand app for shopify and woocommerce (integrate with other platforms through an api).
- Estimated production time is 3-5 business days.
- Some orders may take up to 6 weeks to arrive due to shipping delays or delivery restrictions.
- Children’s books: starting at around $7.68/24 color pages ($0.15 for each additional page).
- shipping costs : from $5 to us. US/UK, $6-$7 to EU and $8 to other countries.
- Print-on-Demand Dropshipping Rates: Start dropshipping for free. You only pay for books printed and shipped to customers.
IngramSpark is a subsidiary of IngramContent – a renowned publishing group that has catered to hundreds of thousands of independent & large-size publishers. It also owns one of the industry’s largest active book inventories of 7.5M+ titles.
ingramspark uses the latest technology to offer high-quality print-on-demand hardcover and paperback children’s books in a wide variety of print options (30 cut sizes, gloss or matte cover lamination, standard or custom interior colors). premium, etc.) at an affordable price.
- fast international direct shipping (4-10 business days to usa/eu).
- 2%-7% discount on large orders.
- free publishing tools and resources (weekly blog, podcast, online courses, downloadable guides, and more).
- discounts with outside experts on publishing services (book publishing, marketing, book reviews, book conversion electronics, etc.)
- global distribution channels, including amazon, kobo, barnes & noble, gardners, blackwell and 40,000 other retailers & libraries.
- accept paypal, credit/debit cards and bank accounts.
- 5 business days to print orders.
- no apps to integrate directly with e-commerce platforms.
- Children’s books: from $2.35/24 pages ($0.05 for each additional page).
- shipping: from $4.2 to the us US/UK and $6 to other countries.
- Print-on-demand dropshipping fees: A setup fee of $49/title and a handling fee of 1 $.99/order. li>
The next best children’s book dropshipping print-on-demand company is Blurb. It was launched in 2005 in California USA and has now surpassed the milestone of 20M products printed and shipped.
what you love about advertising is that it is easy to use for beginners & powerful design tool with free templates to help you quickly create dynamic, vivid, high-quality children’s books.
- ship to over 100 countries and territories within 10-25 business days.
- 10%-40% discount for large orders.
- replacement prints within 30 days of receipt if your books arrive damaged, with material defects in manufacturing, or material defects in workmanship.
- direct pricing & shipping calculator.
- support the distribution of your books in blurb bookstore, amazon, ingram, apple book store and kickstarter campaigns.
- accept paypal and major credit cards .
- connect to shopify (and other ecommerce platforms via an api).
- 4-5 business days in production.
- high shipping rates to countries outside of the US. u.
- Children’s books: starting at $5.99/24 pages ($0.06 per additional page).
- shipping: from $3.99 to us uu. , $10.99 to canada, $30.99 to eu, etc.
- print-on-demand dropshipping rates: free.
4. baby book
Since its inception in 2011 in the US, BookBaby has grown to become the nation’s leading self-publishing supplier and helped over 50K independent authors to create, publish, and distribute their print-on-demand adult & children’s books around the globe.
the company does not charge any commission when you sell your publication through its retail partners, including amazon, walmart, apple books, barnes & noble, powell’s books, books-a-million and other leading bookstores.
- international delivery within 2-12 days.
- rush order service for the US market.
- high quantity discounts.
- 30 days refund policy.
- cover design, interior formatting, editing, proofreading, query letter and book synopsis services.
- graphic ads, facebook ads, advertisements linkedin and book marketing solutions.
- Large distribution network, including well-known retail partners and over 60 e-book stores in 170 countries.
- Accepts American Express, MasterCard, visa, discover and paypal.
- 3 days to print products.
- no print-on-demand app to connect to e-commerce platforms.
- Children’s Books: Starting at $99/24 pages.
- Shipping: Free shipping within the us. uu. from $30 to other countries.
- print-on-demand dropshipping rates: from $149.
Doxzoo is a reliable kids’ book wholesale print-on-demand provider with no MOQ established in 2014 in the UK. It serves a wide range of customers, from students, individuals, small-medium companies, charities, to larger organizations.
So far, doxzoo has received over 5,500 reviews with an average rating of 4.7 stars.
- shipping worldwide within 1-2 weeks via dpd, ups and royal mail.
- rush service 2 days production time.
- guaranteed reprints and refunds within 10 days of order delivery.
- volume, registration, student, youth, and charity discounts.
- payment methods include paypal, visa, mastercard, american express and maestro.
- Standard production times are 3-5 business days.
- There is no print-on-demand application.
- Children’s books: from £11.10/24 pages (about £0.15 for an additional one).
- postage: from £9.51 to the us US, £3.60 to UK (Free UK courier delivery over £30), £6.5 to EU etc.
- dropshipping fees from print on demand: none.
Bookemon is another great US print-on-demand supplier for custom children’s books. It has earned excellent reviews from over 1K customers on Trustpilot and Google.
bookemon strives to enrich, enlighten and educate people and especially students by providing educators with special promotions and free samples.
- 2 to 14 days to usa. USA/Canada and 6-8 weeks to international territories.
- 10% to 18% off and 20% to 40% off shipping for volume purchases.
- up to 25% quantity discount for educators.
- Replacement orders for defective or damaged books within 21 days of receipt.
- pay with a major credit card or paypal.
- 5-15 days to process orders.
- no print-on-demand application.
- Children’s books: starting at $8.79/20 pages ($0.32 each additional).
- shipping: from $6.99 to the US and $14.99 to other regions.
- print-on-demand dropshipping fees: none.
UBuildABook offers up to a 90% discount when you order more than 50 publication units.
In addition to children’s books, other print-on-demand wholesale products the company allows you to customize include yearbooks, art books, catalogs, scrapbooks, team books, etc.
- ship to usa uu. and Canada within 1-2 weeks.
- has express service.
- 14 day return policy.
- accepts major credit/debit cards.
- delivery time is 7-10 days.
- deliver only within the usa. uu. and Canada.
- There is no print-on-demand application.
- Children’s books: from $20.95/24 pages (0.28 for each additional page).
- shipping: starting at $11.99 for the first book and $3 for each additional.
- print-on-demand dropshipping fees: a $98 setup fee if you order 1-9 books.
8. kdp printing
Finally, we have KDP Print. It’s the official Amazon’s print-on-demand service launched in 2007 that allows you to quickly self-publish eBooks, paperbacks, hardcover novels, comics, cookbooks, journals, poetry, textbooks, and children’s books on the world’s largest online retailer.
kdp offers a flat royalty rate of 60% (60% of your list price) on listings sold on Amazon marketplaces. then you need to subtract printing costs to arrive at your profit number.
It is important to note that if you enable expanded distribution, an additional service that helps you reach more readers through Amazon partner bookstores, online retailers, libraries, and academic institutions, the rate of royalties is reduced to 40%.
- Fast global delivery.
- Access massive user bases in the US. US, Europe, and Japan.
- Access Amazon marketing services to promote your books.</li
- Payment methods include direct deposit, wire transfer, and check.
- royalties are paid within 30 or 60 days.
- cannot connect to e-commerce platforms like shopify, woocommerce, etc.
- Children’s books: from $3.65/24-40 pages.
- shipping costs: none.
- print-on-demand dropshipping fees: none.
If you’re just starting out, consider working with just one or two children’s book print-on-demand dropshipping companies that best fit your needs. once your brand is a bit bigger, you can consider using multiple vendors at the same time to speed up production.
For merchants interested in learning more about selling products without holding inventory, check out our complete guide to starting a profitable dropshipping business.