Guest blog post by Stephanie Gutzmer, AuD, E-RYT
Life transitions are hard – there are no two ways about it. Even though you will experience many transitions throughout your lifetime, you may not always feel like putting out the welcome sign. That’s possibly because life transitions mean change and leaving behind what you know and what is familiar. Whatever obstacle you may be facing now as this year and decade end (or in the future), use these life-transition quotes to help you make the most of it!
20 Life Transition Quotes to Help You Survive Change
With Change Comes Opportunity Life Transition Quotes
- “It is when we are in transition that we are most completely alive.” – William Bridges
- “Those times of transitions are great opportunities to look for recurring patterns in your life and make adjustments to build on the good and reduce the bad.” – Dan Miller
- “Transitions in life can offer opportunities for discovery.” – Robbie Shell
- “Sometimes, God brings times of transition to create transformation.” – Lynn Cowell
- “The future is always all around us, waiting, in moments of transitions, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.” – J. Michael Strazynski
- “Light precedes every transition. Whether at the end of a tunnel, through a crack in the door or the flash of an idea, it is always there, heralding a new beginning.” – Theresa Tsalaky
- “When shifts and transitions in life shake you to the core, see that as a sign of greatness that’s about to occur.” – Anonymous
Life Transition Quotes About the Story of Your Life
- “Your life is a story of transition. You are always leaving one chapter behind while moving on to the next.” – Anonymous
- “The transition was difficult. It’s hard to stop something that you’ve enjoyed and that has been very rewarding.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
- “Every chapter must end with a cliffhanger. On the spectrum of cliffhangers, the best are those involving physical danger. Next best are perceived threats – a mysterious shadow, a scream, the sight of a gun, the earth rumbling. Last on the list is the moderately acceptable dramatic realization, such as ‘he’s been lying to us all along’ or ‘she’s the real spy.” – Franklin W. Dixon
- “Change is situational. Transition, on the other hand, is psychological. It is not those events, but rather the inner reorientation or self-redefinition that you have to go through in order to incorporate any of those changes into your life. Without transition, a change is just a rearrangement of the furniture. Unless transition happens, the change won’t work, because it doesn’t take.” – William Bridges
- “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson
Life Transition Quotes about Embracing Change
- “If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten.” – Tony Robbins
- “A lot of people resist transition and therefore never allow themselves to enjoy who they are. Embrace the change, no matter what it is; once you do, you can learn about the new world you’re in and take advantage of it.” – Nikki Giovanni
- “Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “To exist is to change, to change is to mature, to mature is to go on creating oneself endlessly.” – Henri Bergson
- “Change the changeable, accept the unacceptable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable.” – Denis Waitley
Many people resist change, possibly because of the perceived risk or fear that change will not be beneficial in the end. Other people resist change because it’s more comfortable and familiar to stay with what you know. But no matter how hard you fight it, change happens.
You are reading: transition in life quotes
Therapy for Change
See Also: life of pi quotes about god
Life transitions, even the happy, positive ones, can generate stress. Those who find it challenging to cope and adjust to their transitioning life may benefit from therapy. A counselor can help you adapt to change and cope. Being able to adjust to a transition can offer positive personal growth, leaving you confident and prepared for the next phase in life. An inability to cope can result in depression, anxiety, fatigue, difficulty sleeping, or eating well, just to name a few effects.
There is no specific treatment for change; however, talking with a therapist can help. Life is full of change, and a counselor can help you navigate your transition, validate how this change impacts you, and help support you as you discover what matters most.
See Also: 115 Heart Touching Quotes And Sayings
Reach out to one of our therapists today if you are in Glen Ellyn or Jefferson Park in the greater Chicago area. Change doesn’t have to be something you struggle with, but it can be something you welcome and benefit from.